- This event has passed.
Mass Miata Holiday Party
January 23, 2016 @ 6:00 pm
Mass Miata Club Holiday Party
Saturday, January 23th 2016
Hyatt Regency Newport Hotel & Spa
By the January 23rd weekend, I am sure all will be ready to chase those winter blues away,catch up with old Miata friends and have some very well deserved R & R.
So Join us for a post-holiday get-together at the waterfront Hyatt Regency Newport Hotel & Spa in the beautiful coastal city of Newport, RI
We’ll enjoy our usual cocktail party before dinner at 6 pm., to meet up with old friends and meet new Miata buddies. There will be cash bar available for our pre-dinner get together and our annual famous Yankee Swap. Unfortunately we will not be allowed to bring snacks or our own drinks into the function room. It’s the resorts policy.
After the fun and frolics and meets and greets, we’ll enjoy a three-course dinner in our private function room.
Holiday Plated Dinner Menu:
Entrees (Choose one)
Chef’s Selection of Seasonal Vegetables and Starch item.
Coffee, Tea, Decaffeinated Coffee
The Total Price to include all taxes and gratuities: $65.50 pp
You may pay using the PayPal option below or, if you prefer, you can pay by check.Pay using PayPal or with your credit card through PayPal
Pay by Check
Send your choice of Entrees and a check for $65.50 per person made out to the
Mary Lou Hunt
A block of rooms has been reserved for members of the Mass Miata Club for $119.00 Per night, plus a 8.0% room tax.
Reservations may be made by calling the Toll Free Reservation number: 888-421-1442 and remember to identify yourself as part of the Massachusetts Miata club January, 2016 group.
Or go online to www.newport.hyatt.com
1. Click on the “Make a Reservation” box that appears.2. Enter Arrival Date, days, adults in the boxes indicated.3. Click “Find”4. Your special group rate will appear. Chose the room you want.5. Click on “Select” to continue reservation process.Reservations HAVE TO BE MADE BY no later than Wednesday December 23, 2015
Please, remember, as reservations after this date will be at prevailing rates and availability.
And if you decide to have a mini winter vacation, the $119.00 per night rate, plus taxes will also be honored for Friday, January 22, 2016.
Important Dates to remember:
– Call for room reservations by December 23, 2015 888-421-1442 or use the online reservations.
– Use PayPal or send a check made out to Mass Miata Club with your choice of Entrées to:
Mary Lou Hunt
$65.50 per person by Friday, January 8, 2016
– Email Lillian Orchard at email@example.com ASAP to let us know you will be attending and how many nights you are reserved and your choices for the Holiday Meal.
Yankee Swap Details
To participate bring a wrapped gift in the $10-$15 range. Gifts can be:
Participation is voluntary – it’s fun to watch even if you’re not participating, however the more the merrier! Gifts and participation can be per person or per couple. Just remember that to select a gift you must bring one. Most couples opt to have each person bring a gift so each can participate.
This year we will be trying a different type of Yankee Swap. It’s known as the
Actuarial Yankee Swap
Here’s how our Yankee Swap at the holiday party will work:
1. Each person or couple that brought a wrapped gift gets to draw a number. A second container will have a duplicate set of numbers.
2. The first number is picked from the duplicate set of numbers and the person holding that number selects and then opens a gift. This person will also have the last opportunity to pick from all the opened and still active gifts.
3. This person also pulls the next number from the hat. The person holding that number can either choose an unopened gift, or the already opened gift.
4. That same person pulls the next number, and as before,the person holding that number can either choose an unopened gift, or an already opened gift.
HERE IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING !
IF that person chooses an already opened gift, the person who just lost their gift can either choose any opened gift or open a new one.
One last rule: Each gift can only be touched three times, then it becomes INACTIVE and can not be exchanged.
After this, consenting adults are free to swap their present with anyone else.
Some Yankee Swap etiquette “rules”:
· people choosing their present are not allowed to fold, spindle, mutilate, or otherwise fondle the presents before choosing one.
· participants cannot hide their opened presents they want keep (to prevent others from swapping with them)