- This event has passed.
Sunday October 17, 2021 DeCordova Museum Trip is full/a wait list is available
October 17, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
TRIP IS FULL, A WAIT LIST IS AVAILABLE. A SECOND TRIP OF 10 CARS CAN BE RUN IF A LEAD AND TAIL CAR ARE WILLING TO HELP OUT.
There is a second Miata Club trip for the DeCordova Sculpture Garden and Museum on October 17, 2021 at the peak of foliage season. The deCordova Sculpture Garden and Museum (now a Trustees of Reservation [TOR] property) in Lincoln is open to accommodate our group.
MEETING will be at the Minute Man National Historical Park Battle Road Visitor’s Center Parking Lot in Lincoln/Lexington with a MEETING TIME OF 9:45 AM with a DEPARTURE TIME OF 10:15 AM sharp.
- We will take a bit less than two-hour drive through scenic roads in local towns, making a stop at Twisted Café for sandwich pickup or bathroom break or you can pack your own lunch. By October, the onsite Café and Restaurant are likely to be open.
- We will arrive at about noon time. We will be at the Museum for two hours+ until about 2:15 PM. That allocates adequate time for lunch and time to do self-guided audio tours of both the Sculpture Gardens and the indoor Museum. Download the phone app “TourTrustees” for the free guided tour info.
- At 2:15 PM, we will depart the Museum for a bit more than a one-hour scenic drive to our final destination at REASONS TO BE CHEERFUL “West Concord’s Best Homemade Ice Cream”.
Limit: twelve cars (I will hold two spaces for new members). If there is a volunteer to lead a second group, we can go beyond 12 cars. There are a number of folks from the July 11 waiting list already signed up for this trip.
To reserve a space, send an email to email@example.com (that really is an underscore between richard and jeanne) with the following:
- Name of Driver and passenger, if any; year and color of car.
- Cell phone number.
- Are you a new Miata Club member as of Jan 2020?
- Category of Admission that you and your passenger each qualify for. If you are a Trustees of Reservations member, there is no charge; you only need to respond to me that you are. Your id number is not needed. Admission fee will be collected in October.
- Lunch– Three options:
1. Bring your own, or
2. Give me your lunch order for the Twisted Tree Café to pick up orders just before the Museum. www.thetwistedtreecafe.com/menu, or
3. Eat at the Museum Café or Restaurant if open.
Details to follow, just indicate preferences now – you can decide in October.
- Are you willing to be a tail car (or middle car) or be a lead car if there are more than 12 cars?
Admission to Museum grounds and indoor and outdoor exhibits:
- Adults -$ 18
- Seniors over 60 -$14
- Student – $12
- Child – $10
- Trustees of the Reservations (TOR) members: free (you may wish to log into thetrustees.org to see whether the cost of joining makes sense for you).
The Museum café and restaurant will likely be open, but also, deCordova encourages bringing food and non-alcoholic beverages for picnic lunch. Bring blanket or seat cushion, or neither. You may eat at the Café or restaurant, pack your own lunch, or we will stop along the way at the Twisted Tree Cafe (ten minutes from Museum) to pick up sandwiches or salads if you prefer.
For more information visit https://thetrustees.org/place/decordova/
We will have maps, gpx tracks, details for any admission payment or cafe order, and other details later.
Richard and Jeanne Canale
29 Shade Street, Lexington
781 861-0287 (home)
781 799-5279 (cell)