Mass Miata Holiday Party (RSVP by December 18, 2017)
January 20, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday, January 20th, 2018
Sea Crest Beach Resort
350 Quaker Rd., N. Falmouth, MA
By the January 20th weekend, I am sure all will be ready to chase those winter blues away and catch up with old Miata friends and have some very well-deserved Rest & Relaxation.
So, join us for a post-holiday get-together at the waterfront Sea Crest Beach Resort Hotel located in North Falmouth, MA
We’ll enjoy our usual cocktail party before dinner at 6:00 pm., to meet up with old friends and make new Miata friends. There will be a cash bar available for our pre-dinner get together and our annual famous Yankee Swap. Unfortunately we will not be allowed to bring snacks or our own drinks into the function room. It’s the resorts policy. After the fun and frolics and meets and greets, we’ll enjoy a three-course dinner buffet in our private function room.
Holiday Buffet Dinner Menu:
Warm Crusty Rolls with Vermont Creamery Butter
Cape Cod Clam Chowder
Organic Field Greens Salad, Hubbardston Goat Cheese, Black Walnuts, Cape Cranberries, Buttermilk Herb Dressing.
Baby Iceberg “Wedge” Salad, Vine Ripe Tomatoes, Crispy Smoked Bacon, Red Onions, Great Hill Blue Cheese Dressing.
Herb Crusted Chatham Cod Loin, Lemon Butter
Thyme and Shallot roasted Free Range Chicken, Maple Jus.
Pennie Pasta Tossed with Roasted Zucchini, Fire Roasted Peppers, Baby Spinach, and Mushroom Crème.
Chefs choice of Vegetable.
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Sea Salt and Fresh Herbs.
Warm Berry Crisp, Brown Butter Oatmeal Topping, Vanilla Scented Chantilly Cream.
Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee and Assorted Teas.
The Total Price to include all taxes and gratuities: $74.00 pp
Pay using PayPal or with your credit card through PayPal: Accepted until 1/6/2018
Pay by Check – the cutoff date for checks is December 15, 2017.
Make out a check for $74.00 per person made out to the Mass Miata Club and mail it to our club Treasurer:
Mary Lou Hunt
90 Taft St
Upton MA 01568.
A block of rooms has been reserved for members of the Mass Miata Club for $115.00 Per night, plus an 9.7% room tax.
There are a mixture of King Size Bed Rooms and Double Queen Bed Rooms.
Reservations must be called into the Toll-Free Reservation number is: 1-800-225-3110 or 508-540-9400
and remember to identify yourself as part of the: MA Miata Annual Holiday Party Group., Booking Code # 10K6JA
Or go online to: MA Miata Annual Holiday Party
Reservations MUST BE MADE no later than Monday, December 18, 2017
And the Hotel requires a deposit equal to one-night room and tax.
Please, remember, as reservations after this date will be at prevailing rates and availability.
And if you decide to have a mini winter vacation, the $115.00 per night rate, plus taxes, will also be honored for
Friday, January 19, 2018.
Hotel Cancellation Policy: Reservations cancelled with the reservations office at least 14 days prior to the scheduled arrival date will be refunded less a $15.00 cancellation fee. If reservations are cancelled within 14 days prior to the arrival date, the deposit in nonrefundable.
The contract cutoff date for the meal count is: By Check: Mary Lou must have your meals check mailed by 12/15/2017 or your payment through PayPal by January 6, 2018.
Please also be advised that for this event, we are legally contracted to pay the amount for the meals and refunds are only given if the Commonwealth of Massachusetts declares a state of emergency in the case of inclement weather. If you decide to not attend after paying, there will be no refunds from the club after January 6, 2018.
Important Dates & Things to remember:
– Call for room reservations by December 18, 2017 – or use the online reservations.
– If paying by check make it out to Mass Miata Club and mail by December 15, 2017, to Mary Lou Hunt.
Or by PayPal it is 1/6/2018.
Mary Lou Hunt
90 Taft St.
Upton, MA 01568
In the amount of $74.00 per person by
Email Lillian Orchard at mslillyO@outlook.com– ASAP – To let me know you will be attending, how many nights you have reserved.
Yankee Swap Details
To participate bring a wrapped gift in the $10-$15 range. Gifts can be:
• a humorous joke gift (or not)
• bizarre (or not)
• useful (or not)
• automotive (or not)
• THAT holiday present you received and wondered “what were they thinking… ”
• Use your imagination and make this the best Yankee Swap Ever! Let’s have some fun with this gang.
Participation is voluntary – it’s fun to watch even if you’re not participating, however the more the merrier! Gifts and participation can be per person or per couple. Just remember that to select a gift you must bring one. Most couples opt to have each person bring a gift so each can participate. Here’s how our Yankee Swap at the holiday party will work:
1. Each person or couple that brought a wrapped present gets to draw a number.
2. The person with #1 selects and then opens a present.
3. The person with the next highest number (2 in this case) chooses and opens a present. They then decide whether they want to keep the present they just opened or swap it for any other opened present.
4. Lather, rinse, repeat step 3 until all numbers have been used and all presents have been opened.
5. Finally, the person who drew #1 gets to swap the present they are holding for any other present.
After this, consenting adults are free to swap their present with anyone else.
Some Yankee Swap etiquette “rules”:
• people choosing their present are not allowed to fold, spindle, mutilate, or otherwise fondle the presents before choosing one.
• participants cannot hide their opened presents they want to keep. (to prevent others from swapping with them)