- This event has passed.
July 9, 2023 Sunday Miata at the Museum
July 9 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
23rd Annual Miata Day at the Larz Anderson
Auto Museum July 9, 2023 10: A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
Bring your stock or customized, daily driver or garage queen Miata to the largest Miata/MX5 Only event in the Northeast on the lawn of the beautiful Larz Anderson Auto Museum 15 Newton Street in Brookline, MA.
$20.00 per car registration including driver and one passenger.
Show off your Roadster to other Miata owners and to the general public. There will be classic Rock & Roll tunes played and plenty of time to check out the Best Selling Sports Car of all time.
The event is open to all Miata owners or anyone interested in the Miata / MX-5 – you do not need to be a Mass Miata Club member to attend or to display your Miata.
This is not a concourse event, just the selection of Peoples Choice Miatas by attendees and the public. It’s intended as a day to have fun, show off your Miata and visit with friends. Blankets, lawn chairs, umbrellas, and picnic baskets are welcome, and food will also be available for purchase. Visit the museum, view the Boston skyline, and pick your favorite Miata.
Download the above event flyer here.
MOSS MIATA organization has sponsored our Miata Day
Based on popular vote trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in five Miata generation classes:
- NA (1989-1997)
- NB (1999-2005)
- NC (2006-2015)
- ND soft top (2016-2022)
- ND RF (2017-2022
* Miata Parts Swap *
Again we will be having a Miata Parts Swap Event where you can bring your misc Miata parts to offer for swap or sale with other Miata owners, but with some changes in the rules.
Swap time Noon to 1:00 PM
- Parts will be displayed at designate location. You must register your name, phone, etc. on the day of the show to be part of the swap. Bring items you want to sell or swap, and come look-see what other people have that you might be interested in
- No whole engines, transmissions, or other large or heavy items that are difficult to carry and/or not easy to move around – let’s keep it reasonable, please…
- As a seller you must be in attendance during the swap to answer buyer questions and execute your transaction(s) – no leaving notes on items for people to contact you later
- After the swap you must take home with you all items you brought that didn’t sell, along with any items you bought or swapped for.
The MOT is okay with us doing this as long as there are no abandoned parts that someone else (they) would need to dispose of.
The MOT and Mass Miata Club assume no liability for any damages to your parts and assumes no responsibility to resolve any disputes that might arise between buyers and sellers.
- The entry fee is $20.00 Cash or Check for car, driver, and one passenger/guest at the field car entrance. Spectator admission is $12.00 for adults and $7.00 for children and senior citizens is through the Museum entrance. All admissions include entry to both the Larz Anderson Auto Museum and the lawn/picnic grounds
- Registration is available at the gate on the day of the event – No pre-registration is required
- This is a “Rain or Shine” event!
The Mass Miata Club is grateful to Mazda for their assistance and support of this event.
For more information on this and other museum related programs visit the Larz Anderson Auto Museum website.
Directions from Boston/North Shore
- Take Route 93 South to Storrow Drive
- Take the Fenway exit
- Follow Outbound /Riverway signs to Boylston Street (taking a right off the ramp)
- Boylston St. will merge onto Brookline Ave
- Follow Brookline Ave. to the Riverway/Jamaica Way intersection
- Turn left onto the Riverway (this will turn into the Jamaica Way)
- You will go through the intersection with Perkins Street (Max Warburg Sq.) and Jamaica
- Pond will appear on your right
- Go 1/2 way around the rotary (Kelley Circle) and at the lights turn right onto Pond Street
- Pond Street will turn into Newton Street
- The museum is located in Larz Anderson Park on the right about a 1/2 mile from the rotary
Directions from West (Rte. 128/I-95)
- Take Rte. 128/I-95 to Rte. 9 towards Boston
- You will eventually pass the Chestnut Hill Mall on your left
- Six lights after the Mall, you come to a major intersection (approx. 5.4 miles from Rte 128/ Rte. 9 intersection)
- Take a right onto Lee St. (If you pass the reservoir on Rte. 9 you’ve gone to far)
- Follow Lee to it’s end. This is Newton St
- Turn left onto Newton St. Stay to the right around the bend
- The museum is in Larz Anderson Park which is 1/4 mile on the left
Directions from Boston/South Shore
- Take Rte. 3/ I-93 to exit 11. Granite Ave/Ashmont
- Follow Granite Ave north to second traffic light, then turn left onto Rte. 203
- Follow Rte. 203 (also called Gallivan and later Morton Blvd.) to the rotary where the Arborway and Rte. 203 meet
- Follow the Arborway for 1/2 mile, merging left with traffic
- You will come to a second rotary (Kelley Circle)
- Follow the rotary 3/4 of the way around to the light
- Turn right onto Pond St./Newton Street
- The museum is located in the park on the right 1/2 mile from the rotary
- July 9
10:00 am - 2:00 pm